Happy Spring! Today is officially the first day of Spring and it is more than welcome. Since moving to San Francisco, I’ve realised just how much I took Queensland’s weather for granted. Everyday growing up felt like Summer. Now that we’re heading into April, the weather in the city is absolutely beautiful, just how I remembered it when we moved here last Spring.
To celebrate, I thought it would be fun to share what I’m looking forward to this season:
- My sister is having twins, and I’ll be back in Australia a month after they arrive.
- My little brother and the most gorgeous girl (inside and out) are getting married in July.
- My best friend is getting married in July too! And I’m her bridesmaid <3
- Daily walks in the park with my puppy, Delilah. It makes her happy, so naturally it makes me happy also.
- Pastel hues: nail polish, clothing, accessories.
- Bringing out our Paloma collection (it will be amazing).
- Discovering seasonal goodies in our CSA box. Our first one arrived today and I immediately roasted rainbow carrots with coconut oil and lashings of salt and pepper.
- My pen pals! As slack as I have been with getting back to you all, I can’t wait for my pretty stationery to arrive on your door steps.
- Longer days! As Summer speeds towards us, the days stretch out longer. Which means I can fit in multiple trips to the park and go on long walks around our neighborhood.
- I’m going home in July for the first time since October. It’s the longest I’ve ever been away, and I’m so excited to be returning. Give me a home among the gumtrees. Somehow I always get that song stuck in my head whenever I’m homesick.
What are you looking forward to this Spring/Summer?